Our customers often ask questions about certain devices. That’s why we want to use this blog to answer some frequently asked questions. Here we go with the first question:
How do I find the DVICenter device ID and serial number?
Finding the device ID in the OSD:
- Open the OSD, and use your login data to log in to the OSD.
- The Select menu opens after logging in.
- Press F12 to open the Information menu.
- Use the arrow keys to select Firmware information and press Enter.
- Under ID, you can now read the DVICenter device ID.
Finding the serial number in the OSD:
- Repeat steps 1-3 from the paragraph “Finding the device ID in the OSD”. Or you can press Esc to return from the Firmware information menu to the Information menu.
- Use the arrow keys to select Hardware information, and press Enter.
- Under Serial number, you can now read the serial number of your DVICenter.
Finding device ID and serial number in the Config Panel
- Use your login data to log in to the Config Panel.
- In the directory tree, click KVM matrix systems > [Name] > DVICenter.
- In the device list, right-click the DVICenter master and select Information from the context menu.
- Under Device ID or Serial number, you can now find the device ID and the serial number of your DVICenter.
And by the way: This description also applies for CATCenter KVM matrix switches.
Do you also have questions about our devices? Leave them in the comments, and we will answer them in future blog posts.
- Remote training courses – Corona-compliant training for your KVM systems - 22. April 2021
- Nice to Know – Exclusive Mode in G&D KVM Extenders - 20. January 2021
- RemoteAccess-GATE: operating KVM systems over IP at any time and from anywhere - 12. January 2021